Sunday, July 27, 2008

Fantastic!

Just stepped out of the Rochester airport into the warm embrace of a summer night. I so enjoyed walking into my little house; I'd cleaned just before I left and it stayed that way. A big plus of living with me and no one else.

CA is wonderful and compelling but it cannot compete with these warm summer nights.
A bit humid, gentle breeze, feels tropical. Great night to sit out on the deck and stay awake for hours as the wind caresses me.

But first, an update. Great 2 weeks in CA. I think I've - finally - finished a big project for work. It's at the end, now depends on engineering to push to production. Should happen this week and our VAR portal will go live. About time!!

Had a great deal of fun, squeezed into a few grand evenings. Out with friends on Thursday, sequed into bar hopping and dancing on tables. My favorite thing ever. (Except for my other favorite things.)

Repeat dates with an interesting young man. Loving that.

I was staying at Nancy's place in Mountain View, which she so kindly offered as she was away herself. Ideal location - last Sunday, I walked into downtown. Stopped for coffee, phone Andrea in Rochester. Then Tanya called from Rochester. After that, I shopped the farmers market, walked back. Drove to visit Kristen, lunched and shopped, had champagne in town. Eventually drove back talking with Renee. It was such a girlfriend day I was charged up for a week!

Early in the trip, I met with Barb and the mastermind group she's put together for launching her new business. Great group of women, new to me. I am looking forward to her product very much and will share when she says I can. That day I was showing off a new dress and she took a couple good pics.



K, maybe a bit too much. But fun. And I've since found capri tights that match the purple. Don't even try to tell me the rules say no short skirts after 35.



Cute, eh? It's about time, for me, to feel that way again. I have come into my own. And am delighted. I radiate delight everywhere I go and people warm to me like never before. Shame it took so long for me to figure out. But, here I am. Delighted to be me.

1 comment:

maemuki said...

Hi! You probably don`t remember me, but we met through Kimberly way back when. I`m glad to hear things are going so well! I hear you on the clean house thing, too :)