Saturday, March 7, 2009

The best thing that humankind invented

Libraries. And all they imply.

Sitting in the public library in Mt View, grateful for the connection. I moved into my place almost 2 weeks ago, have been camping there while deciding what to do about my stuff on the other side of the country, and getting some work done on the place and - oh yeah - working at a start-up that is getting more intense every week. And trade show season is upon us. Fellow marketeers will know what this means!

Tomorrow, I leave for FOSE, a big show we're doing in DC. I am the set up and tear down crew, booth captain plus I'll be working the booth too. What I've gotten done in the past 3 weeks for my day job is amazing (it's not trade shows! Not this year, thank god.) I am so tired and fried I'm surprised that my coworkers can't hear the crackle.

My plan today was to stop in at work, finish a couple things, print out my boarding passes and then get home to continue clearing out the closets as the painters come on Monday. To my dismay, nothing would print. (Yes, I cycled the power on the printers. Yes, I rebooted.) So I am at the local library, now with boarding pass in hand. Yay! And breathing in the smell of all these books. Kindle looks great and I will get one, soon. But for me, nothing beats the feeling of being in a room full of books.

My trip starts in DC, I'll get to see brother John & sis-in-law Amy over the weekend, then I go on to Harrisburg to meet with our US distributor. From there, I go to Rochester and spend a week. Meeting with a mover on the 18th, they'll estimate moving my goods and hopefully we'll schedule for the 23rd. Then back Home West.

I intend to keep the house in Rochester, now thinking of renting it out. I think this will get clear when I'm there.

And I am very much looking forward to my new place being painted, the new carpet in, and some furniture showing up so I can once again entertain.I'll post pics!

No comments: