Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sitting in an airport waiting for my flight

Looks like agreat day for flying, sun is peeking out over some low fog. Headed to Chicago for a set of meetings with a sales channel partner. Yes, most of you reading know what a 'channel partner' is but I've started prepending 'sales' to that around the office - just to emphasize the importance of these people to us. Am lobbying for more resources :-)

I am paying much better attention to my internal dialog these days. I have given my inner voice a new job - to encourage and support me. She's not quite exactly sure what that means, but is tentatively starting that. So when the negative pops up, I catch it and think something better for myself. At this new level of self-awareness, I marvel that I was ever able to get out of bed previously!

But I don't seem to be breathing. For years I've been resisting any of the breathing practice that goes with yoga. Have finally unstubborned enough to learn some techniques and realize how much I use my breath to express discomfort. If I perceive a negative situation, my breath is very shallow. Today, it seems like I'm just not breathing. I'll realize it's been 10 or 15 seconds since I breathed in or out. I have no idea why.

Time to grab a coffee and download my email. Have a great day, all!

No comments: