Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Small victories

I had not been working on the house much, but got galvanized last week to tidy up and resume painting. I have painted the upstairs bathroom, ceiling included, and replaced the lights that were there. The previous lights were a non-delightful pitted cheap brass. So went to Home Depot, got lights, a replacement vent fan for the bathroom to replace the one that sounds like a jet engine, an outside door to replace the one that is sticking/rusting and ripping apart, a set of plastic shelving to replace the wooden ones in the garage in the way of the door replacement (so they'll have to come down) and *poof!* another $500 transferred from my care to theirs. Amazing how quickly that happens.

I have been haunting the local Freecycle, but always seem to be too late to get an item that's offered. Oh well, garage sale season will soon be upon us. I have also been scoring some great clothes at the local Goodwill, I needed jeans and they had 'em!

I did have my sister-in-laws clan over after Easter brunch. 15 people in the house - I don't know how we all fit, but we did. It was great to see. It SNOWED that morning, so we were all inside. Greg had brought over some plastic chairs; good thing or we'd have been sitting on the floor. There are a couple little nieces, and they found it great fun to run around and around with Gavin chasing and/or hiding from them. Miraculously, no one got hurt.

I have been busy and getting busier. Not sure how that's happening, but some of it is the great Yoga classes. The gym I joined started offering 5 Yoga classes a week on March 12th, and I have been to most of them. Plus I'm doing weight training. Gotta keep up the body that Mike built. I'm skimping on the cardio a bit, hoping I can get out on a bicycle soon.

Time to get to the gym and push some metal around!

No comments: