Thursday, December 20, 2007

More adventure

The house is quiet, with the 3 cats settled down for the morning. All 3 doing well in their temporary home - Emma was gregarious right away. Phineaus took a day, but he's out & about and getting everywhere. I found him in the wardrobe under my blouses this morning. Note to self, keep doors closed! Alex, the most shy/unsettled by change has been walking around a bit today. He prefers the far corner under my bed, but it was good to see him out and getting something to eat.

I've been finally putting things away in the house, clearing shelves and tables - those cats are great jumpers and extremely curious. I've also been prepping for my human guests - looked around and discovered that I needed towels and more bedding. Last time I had guests it was summer. So, shopping during the Xmas frenzy. Ooof - I'm so glad I'm able to get out during the day when it's not quite so busy.

Today I head out for a ski trip. More adventure. This was planned way in advance of the reality; I've been shopping the sports stores like a crazed thing - looking for ski gear at reasonable prices. And I'm not really sure what I'll want. I tell myself that the jacket shell & fleece, and ski pants, will come in handy for cross-country skiing as well, so it's not a bad investment.

All this frenzy has given me the excuse to not have shipped Christmas cards this year. O bother. I plan to do New Year's cards, now. It's down in writing, now, it will happen.

I'll let you know how the trip goes soon. Wish me grace and elegance!

No comments: