Thursday, January 10, 2008

Goals, Intentions, Managing My Life

I have been thinking about the above a lot, with the turning of the year. And there is a flood of advice/information/books and other products coming at me, now that I'm attuned. I am sorting my way through it all, developing a system that works for me. It includes a daily written intention, weekly time for myself to think, monthly goal setting, yearly goal setting, theme and overall intention. I am starting to differentiate 'intention' from 'goals'. An intention is for me and my lovely sis-in-law Andrea to work together in a profitable business that we run. Dunno how or when. A 'goal' is to finish filing the paperwork in my office.

So my daily intentions include having success/fun in what I've planned or scheduled to do, and I'm adding in 'unexpected delights'. Saturday, I ran into Ray J from my MasterMind group and we chatted for 30 minutes in OfficeMax. Sunday, I finally went to the emofree website, got pulled in and started using the tool. Monday, Nancy from my MasterMind group invited me to come along to a personal development seminar in Toronto.

Today's first one was cool. I had gone to the gym to work out, and some musclehead put in an Ozzie Osbourne CD. Ugh, isn't this music, like, from the '50s? I worked to overcome my dislike of such dusty quaint old music. Then the 3rd track played, Ozzie doing "Pictures of Matchstick Men" - a song I love. And I liked his version. So that was fun. The next song ground into those old power chords of Born to Be Wild. Not the best version, Ozzie sounded kinda flat. And then I hear a falsetto voice making snide comments over the music - was it? ... Yes, it was - Miss Piggy. At some point Ozzie must have been on the Muppet Show. Delightful!

No comments: