Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Late Rochester Winter

The weather here has been so weird - the past few days it's been clear, beautifully sunny. Only a few bits of snow here & there. The grass is green. And it's been 10 degrees! SO cold.

Luckily, it was much warmer back in late December when we went skiing. I had a great time, and progressed rapidly. Did fall a lot, but nothing really bad. I'm so glad that I'm in good shape - the skiing was not too hard, but walking in the boots carrying the equipment, and repeatedly poling myself to the chair lift was exhausting. Greg & Gavin took snowboarding lessons, and Andrea tried it on her won. Nancy & I stuck with skiing. I was a rank beginner, but she kept discovering skills she'd gathered that helped out, like rollerblading and surfing.



Greg, Gavin, Andrea & Nancy.



Me and Nancy, the last day - still smiling!

It want to go again, but with no snow around here it's a bit difficult. Maybe we'll have snow in February.

No comments: