Saturday, May 10, 2008

Well, I'm back

Back in California again, drinking in the beauty. I am now working fulltime at IronKey, loving it even as it takes just about all of my time. Great company, great people to work with.

April was a whirlwind month. The first week, FOSE show in DC went very well:



The next week, RSA in San Francisco, went even better; IronKey won Best Mobile Security Device. As the CEO said "this definitely doesn't suck!" (Degrees of not sucking are his compliments.)

I was in Rochester for a week, then off to London for the Information Security Europe show. That one was easier - we just showed up to work it; one of our partners did all the logistics.

I was "home" for 8 days in April! Who needs a house?

It has been such a wonderful year for Spring. It started in California, in February, where spring explodes like a sneeze - everything in bloom at once. But it sweeps through in colors. First, it's white. Then yellow, then purple & blue. It was so familiar.

Then, I was in DC for peak cherry blossom season. Incredibly beautiful and subtle at the same time:










Rochester was just starting to thaw when I returned. London was at mid-spring, with lots of tulips and daffodils in bloom.

Finally, late April, back in Rochester, spring had finally arrived. It was breathtaking. I had forgotten how many blooming trees are there - cherry, crabapple, magnolias, and 2 as-yet unidentified white blooming trees. These pictures are on a walk through my neighborhood, a couple weeks ago.





This is my brother's backyard, on Cranberry Pond.


And, 3 blocks from me, Lake Ontario:


Kuan Yin, at the local Buddhist Temple. I greet her every time I drive to my house.








And this is my next door neighbor's spring show:

No comments: