Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I could get used to this

I am living like a nomad, tossing my stuff in the (borrowed, thank you so much, Brian & Molly) car; stayed with Kristen again one night, then Barb last night. If it wasn't for the occasional time when highway 17 comes to a grinding halt, Barb's neighborhood off Summit road is ideal - feels like high CA mountain, but it's very close to both San Jose & Santa Cruz. Great open yards, beautiful starry starry nights (the light pollution from San Jose doesn't reach there.)

So far, I've managed to keep all my things with me and even added more. I've been working the storage space, rediscovering precious stuff - high school yearbooks! Glassware from both Grams! Rocks! (K, we have a problem with the accumulation of rocks in our household. Inherited that from Dad.) I have culled more books and made a big donation to the Saratoga library today and have a plan for getting all the stuff to where I'm living now. Phew, one more chore almost finished.

Whole huge chunks of memories have come galloping back into front brain as I drive around here again. Street names, how to avoid traffic, stores, favorite fall neighborhoods. The drive up Villa to Castro in Mt View was aglow today with red red liquidambar trees. Beautiful against the fall blue sky. In some places, bushes are red & yellow, the purple salvia is in bloom. Barb even had daffodils open in her garden! It's a riot of color here.

I have an early coffee meeting in Cupertino tomorrow. Must get some sleep, Barb and I stayed up way too late last night. With champagne.

No comments: