Thursday, November 29, 2007

Gratitude

What an amazing trip. Pics to come. Meanwhile, I am so thankful for my wonderful friends who:

- put me up: Peri and Brian, what a gift to stay in your lovely place and learn the language of Emma & Cabo; Kristen, and daughter Suzanna in the 'spa Pasatiempo' with romping Danny, Wanda, Belle, Landau, Scarlet and Sateen; Barb, daughter Julia and handsome Bill in the lovely Santa Cruz mountains, with Reba still going strong;
Astrid and daughter Anika, in Carmel Valley with Sheba popping in & out; and Pat in the properly feng-shiu'ed yurt at Esalen, in residence with Jamie.

- let me borrow cars: Brian, thanks for letting me borrow the Mazda, and Molly for letting me borrow the Celica. I am so glad I got stubborn all those years ago and learned how to drive stick. Zooming along in the sports cars was a high point of the trip.

- met with me for meals, drinks, coffee: Dave, Tony, Mervat, Pam, Caroline, Jeff, Courtney, Nancy, Carol, Debbie, Mitchell, Sara, Arthur.

- met me in the San Jose airport as it was the only time that our Venn diagrams overlapped: Kimberly!

- met me for the first time: Dave! what a riot!

- met me to finish off old business: Logan.

The time zipped by so fast, I am still thinking of people I want to see and things I want to do - so I can't believe I'm back in Rochester already... and it's snowing here; it rained this morning and the water on the deck is frozen. And I'm glad to be back, and continuing to launch my new life. I have lots of ideas and waves of support from the left coast. And a zeal to bridge between here & there, starting with some consulting work. Soon!

No comments: